Interviews are not always requested by clients when arranging a locum placement. However requests for telephone interviews with potential locum candidates are becoming more common.
If you are applying for a permanent job you will be asked to attend an interview. If you are successful at the first interview you may be asked to return for a second or third meeting.
- Be prepared. Research the NHS Trust/private client. Have a look at their website, talk to colleagues and friends. Obtain as much information as you can about the potential work place and employer.
- We will provide you with as much information as possible about the role including a job description. Ensure that you read it thoroughly.
- Ensure that you are up to date with all relevant legislation.
- Have there been any stories in the news recently that may be relevant? It is useful to show interest in the medical/imaging field in general even if not directly related to your job.
- Think about how you will answer standard questions about yourself and your career.
- Is there an aspect of your CV that you think they will have concerns about? For example if you took a career break, or if you have not practiced an aspect of the potential job for some time. If so then prepare your response in advance.
- Research your route to the interview. Allow enough time for you to find the meeting room once you get to the hospital/clinic. This is crucial for large sprawling hospitals which you may be unfamiliar with.
- Dress smartly, be clean, and well groomed. Avoid overpowering perfume or aftershave.
- Always be punctual, if for some reason you are going to be late, contact the interviewer and explain why, so you are managing their expectations. If you cannot reach them then phone us so we can keep calling whilst you continue your journey.
- Shake the interviewer's hand firmly and look them in the eye thanking them for taking the time to see you when you first meet them.
- Listen to the questions, if you don't hear the question the first time, don’t be afraid to ask them to repeat it.
- Be confident in your ability and experience. This is the opportunity for you to demonstrate why you are the right candidate for the job. Make it easy for them to choose you.
- As much as they are looking for the candidate with the right qualifications and experience, they are also looking for a candidate who will fit in with the rest of the department so ensure that you show some of your personality.
- Remember the interviewer needs to impress you as much as you need to impress them.
- Prepare some questions to ask at the end of the interview, so if they give you the opportunity to ask questions you have already prepared something to say.
- Call us once the interview ends. We will ask you for feedback on how the interview went and if you would be interested in continuing with the application if requested.
- Take time to reflect on the interview.
- Make a note of the questions you were asked and how you responded.
- Could you have answered any questions better? If you are asked back for a second interview you may be asked some of the same questions again. Try and improve on your responses if possible.
- You may be given feedback regarding the interview either from us or directly from the interviewer. If so then use this feedback constructively to assist you with your next interview.
- Why Register With Us?
- Register With Us
- Submit CV
- Requirements To Work
- CV Advice
- Interview Advice
- Refer A Friend
- UK Information
- Working Overseas
- Permanent Jobs
As part of our 50th birthday celebrations we are attending the joint UKRC-UKRO Congress, July 2nd, 3rd, & 4th 2018 at the ACC & Exhibition Centre Liverpool. The event is a three-day...
We are exhibiting again at the joint UKRC-UKRO Congress, June 12th to 14th in Manchester Central Convention Complex. The event is a three-day multidisciplinary scientific congress and technical exhib...
Keep up to date with all the latest agency news and stay in touch with friends and colleagues. Like and follow us on Facebook... JRRA on Facebook Receive breaking news updates as they happen by fo...
We are pleased to announce that Jennie Reeves Radiographers Agency has been awarded a place on the new National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS. Being awarded a place on the National Clinical...
Please find outlined below details of 3 MSK Training Courses. These 3 successful courses are held annually in Oxford, Bath and Dubai. There are no entry requirements for the courses as they are all ta...
It has been announced that after completion of a Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) approved prescribing programme, eligible therapeutic radiographers will be able to independently prescribe m...
We are extremely proud to announce that we scored 100% in the latest audit of our candidate documentation! Well done to our compliance team and thank you to all our candidates for being so diligent&nb...
On November 20th the Government (namely Monitor and the Trust Development Authority) issued rules in relation to price caps for agency staff. We as an agency were very active during the 4 week c...
We have just secured a unique contract to supply a leading healthcare company with permanent staff. Excellent salaries and benefits offered. To hear more about potential Application Specialist or Sa...
There has been a lot of press coverage recently regarding recruitment agencies and the use of agency workers in the NHS. Much of the discussion has focused on the use of agencies that have not secured...
It's been a real pleasure to work for JR. I am going to work for XXX until August to cover maternity leave but I am looking forward to joining you once again after that. I have always been treated very well by all of you. So many thanks to all. Cheers.
Louise, PET CT Radiographer
Excellent agency and I'm hoping to come back soon.
It is pleasure working with you. l am impressed with your service.
Jennie Reeves is the only agency I have worked for. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful and happy to
take the time to answer questions or sort out problems promptly. It would be wrong to pick out individuals as
everyone I have spoken to has been...
Cath Lab Radiographer
I found that the agency staff were always so pleasant to deal with and very fast at getting back to me so thanks for that.
Worked with them for 3yrs (Jennie Reeves) top quality, great team to work with.
Nick, MRI Radiographer
Keep on doing a great job!
Louise, PET/CT Radiographer
Compared to other agencies, Jennie Reeves is a much more professional and easy to deal with agency.
Nuclear Medicine Technician
All staff are consistently friendly, professional and very helpful. Many thanks
I have been dealing with Pooja for some time now she is an absolute asset to JR and always willing to help.
Yvonne and Alice in finance very much on the ball with my timesheet and invoices. Never have I had to chase my pay.
Thank you all, excellent agency....